GMC Solar Install Solar Panels in Edinburgh and surrounding areas for home & business users!
Eight reasons you can’t afford to miss out
- Save money – A solar PV system can cut average household electricity bills by around 40-50%. Use the Energy Savings Trust’s solar energy calculator to get a tailored estimate for your system.
- Get paid for the energy you generate – The government’s Feed-In Tariff pays you for the electricity you generate, including the electricity you use. Payments are guaranteed for 20 years, index-linked and tax free.
- Sell electricity back to the grid – If you produce more electricity than you use, you can sell it back to the national grid and generate an additional income.
- Add value to your home and make it more energy efficient – It’s estimated that solar PV can add around £10,000 to the value of your home.
- Get a free Energy Performance Certificate worth £100 – you need a certificate to be eligible to claim feed-in tariff payments. If you book your installation by 28 February, we’ll give you one for free.
- No planning permission – For most home solar electricity installations no planning permission is needed unless you live in a listed building or conservation area.
- Easy fit and low maintenance – Solar PV is easily fitted to most buildings, both retrospectively and to new builds, is reliable and virtually maintenance free. PV panels typically have a 25 year performance warranty.
- Reduce your carbon footprint – Solar energy is naturally occurring and doesn’t release carbon dioxide (CO2) or other harmful pollutants. A typical home solar PV system could save over a tonne of CO2 each year.
For roof mounted solar PV systems, your roof should ideally face due south at a pitched angle of around 30° for the best performance. East and west facing roof mounts are also very feasible, although output will be slightly less. Roofs facing north are not recommended. Solar PV systems can also be ground mounted. If you have space available in your garden, facing south, then this could be worth considering as an alternative to a roof mounted system.
Switch to solar from £5,500.00
Solar power has never been more affordable: Standard domestic systems:
- 4 kilowatt system (16 panels): £5,500
- 10 kilowatt system (40 panels): £15,255
- 30 kilowatt system (120 panels): £40,950
- 50 kilowatt system (200 panels): £59,850
Prices include the solar PV panels, our full standard installation service, and VAT – there are no hidden extras.
(Other size systems are also available). How much could you get back?
The estimated total annual return value* is calculated using the Government’s standard assessment procedure for energy rating of buildings ( SAP)
Solar panels in Edinburgh predicted output.
- 4 kilowatt system: £898.00
- 10 kilowatt system: £2,134.00
- 30 kilowatt system: £6,140.00
- 50 kilowatt system: £10,402.00
GMC Solar have been fitting solar panels in Edinburgh since 2010. We have the easy route to go solar for our clients.
- Contact GMC 01289 3014409 and arrange a free survey
- GMC technical surveyor will meet you at your property and assess the suitability of the property and advice on products suitable
- There is no sales agenda at this survey, only collecting the required information to give you a quote to install the most suitable system
- Accept the quote, then 10 days cooling off period before the initial 20% deposit to secure the system and place in the schedule
- GMC Solar Crew arrive to site with our own scaffold and complete the work in either 1 or 2 days depending on roof type.
- GMC surveyor who you first met returns after the work is complete with all Feed in Tariff paper work to make sure you get your application filled out correctly and sent off.